Our latest task was to take a small area of one of our drawings, roughly the same proportions as a page of our sketchbook. We had to trace off the main lines and shapes, enlarge them to fit the page size and try to reproduce the colours of the original drawing. Well I seemed to have boring straight lines everywhere whereas Gina's drawings had lovely curves and sinuous lines - much more interesting.

My first attempt was abysmal and is no more. The second attempt is as near as I can get it but still not true. There is too much contrast between the central green area and the darker one to it's left and the crossed lines on the base of the thistle are much too dark but I was afraid of messing it up altogether if I continued to add lighter shades. I found it much harder than I imagined to increase the size and try to replicate the colours.
Linda - whose blog is Blue-Eyed Girl - takes wonderful photos using the Macro device on her camera. I knew I had one on mine but had never used it, so decided the time had come to see what it did. These are my first attempts.

Above is the centre of a day lily. I think I need to adjust the amount of light somehow.

A petunia - also too light.

Part of a spray of buddliea - rather blurred but everytime I focussed the breeze moved it. I should have loaded these is the reverse order so they got better as you viewed them! It would be sensible to use the CD that came with the camera and which would give me full instructions - but that is too much to ask!
0 Yorumlar