Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

En Provence is Ready for Borders


I have made significant progress on this quilt top and I am loving the way it looks! I just need to assemble and add the borders but I think I will give the top a good pressing first. :)

I had pressed all of the units as I was making them but I haven't done any pressing at all while I was assembling the blocks together. I just wasn't too sure how the seams were going to line up so I made my decisions as I went. I may have to twist one or two seams but I think it will be just fine. I had a pretty consistent 1/4" seam allowance throughout and I was very careful to match the seams as I sewed everything together so it should, I hope, end up being nice and flat after I press it.

Today I have my Guild meeting and I am going to go to the social sew beforehand. I am taking Blue Cheese with me to continue hand stitching down the binding and I hope to get it finished. I have been working on it off and on while watching Outlander on Sunday and Alias Grace on Monday and I have about 80" to go. We will see how much I get done.....as my friend Hilary says 'if I sewed with my mouth I would get so much more accomplished at social sew'! She is so funny, but it is true, I spend a lot of my time talking and visiting instead of sewing. lol 

As I was stitching down the binding the other night I noticed that I still had not tucked in the thread tales from the quilting process so I must remember to do that too.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar