Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"It Has The Soft, Sticky And Mottled Body Of A Pallid Slug..."

"Beasts of Nurgle are always looking for new friends to play with."
This 28mm scale "finely detailed resin cast kit" of a Beast of Nurgle is made by “Games Workshop”, comes as seven separate "Finecast" components and contains no instructions for assembly whatsoever. Fortunately however, I have already previously built such "a horror on the battlefield" for my Nurgle Host, so was able to use my earlier model as a guide for the super-glue...

Having put my "curious and inquisitive pet" together, and attached it to a 60mm plastic base, I undercoated it with plenty of "Vallejo" Heavy Brown before dousing it in "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade. The Beast of Nurgle was then dry-brushed with more "Vallejo" Heavy Brown and had both it's claws and tusks painted in Iraqi Sand. These areas were subsequently also washed with Strong Tone Quickshade.
British Tanks WIPs - A Grant, Crusader III and Crusader II
In order to make the "immense slug-like" monstrosity appear somewhat similar in colour to its predecessor, I added some "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson and Biel-Tan Green to different areas of the creature's rubbery flesh. Indeed, in order to ensure the nightmarish conglomeration's colour palette tied into that of the rest of my "Age Of Sigmar" Rotbringers, I even 'picked out' some of its pimples with a combination of "Vallejo" Heavy Ochre and “Citadel” Reikland Fleshshade.

With this latest addition to my ever-increasing Tallyband of Nurgle finished, I have momentarily allowed myself to be distracted by the "Battle Of El Alamein - War In The Desert" Battle Box. Produced by "Battlefront Miniatures", this introduction to "Flames Of War" comes with five tanks, and I have already assembled those belonging to the British.
The 2T(fru)T virus returns to seek revenge upon Mega-City One's finest lawman
To be honest I'm a little worried as to just how much of a diversion this 15mm World War Two rule-set is going to be, as I had tremendous fun simply gluing together a couple of Crusader tanks, and ensuring that one was a Mark II with a 2 pounder gun, and the other a Mark III with a far more formidable 6 pounder. The kits even come with some wonderfully detailed, albeit tiny, commanders, so I have added one to my Crusader III to make it stand out even more on the battlefield.

The British forces also come with a Grant tank, and whilst this model's guide doesn't allow for any 'options' as the Crusaders did, it was an absolute pleasure to put together. In fact, I've been so taken with these armoured vehicles, that I've already managed to prime them all, wash them, and almost finish their dry-brushing, as well as ordered a 3 x 3 wargames terrain Desert cloth mat from "Deep-Cut Studios"...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar