Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

And so, the swan...and a message for me.

Yesterday I showed you the beginnings of a project, using this week's Monogram, G, and a texta scarred handkerchief.
Today I finished the mystery project, and my ugly duckling handkerchief now embellishes a simple, but lovely, needlebook.
I used some other little pretties stored away in my lace box, too.
Outside...
 Inside...
 
 Sweet.
I wonder what you have stored away in your sewing things that could be used to make a quick gift like this?
My newest pattern is complete!
"Partridge & Pears"
The pattern is written, photograph taken, and now I am just waiting for a release date so I can tell you where to purchase it. 
This is the 1st design in a set I am working on from the song, "The Twelve Days of Christmas". 
But before that, I'd best finish the remaining blocks in my BOM Daisy Days!
Last month it was my birthday, and even though it's been a few weeks I wanted to show you two very special gifts I received from close friends - two sisters in Christ who have blessed me with their prayers and love more times than I can count.
From Ruth, a crochet pear - and as most of you know I collect pears, but this is my first crocheted one.
Isn't it the cutest thing?!
From Dawn, a reminder to treasure what is most important...
...and inside?
The tiniest pink Bible. Perfect.

My eldest daughter Kezzie also sent me a bundle of wonderful goodies, all faith building and so very pretty.
With a beautiful journal she'd added a pen. 
Now, over the last few days I have had some serious decisions to make about my future as a designer. I've prayed, and felt the varying emotions of failure, anger, distress, hopelessness, and regret.
I have shared with some close friends for their advice on what actions to take, and have processed all my thoughts out loud.
A decision was made yesterday afternoon, and I thought, "well, that's what I have to do; it's the only way to keep Elefantz going."

BUT...
then God.

Over the course of the last 18 hours or so, my email inbox has become rather weighty with Scriptures, friends telling me I was on their heart in prayer today, and perfect strangers wanting to share with me about how what I do glorifies God and blesses them.

You know, I had taken the Light off Him, and put it on what I thought I should be doing according to the way the world works. But there is a peace passing through me today from listening to my Father and realising that His ways are not the world's ways, and He wants me to do things HIS way.
HE gave me the gift to be able to design and stitch, and  He knows how I should be using it - even if by following His directions many shops won't stock my patterns.

Back to the pen that Kezzie gave me.
I picked it up to write with this morning and noticed a Scripture verse inscribed across the base in the tiniest of fonts.
Psalm 90:17


Almost a month after receiving the pen, today was the day when He made that verse stand out and catch my attention.
HE alone will establish the work of my hands.
So, I will continue to share free designs on my blog, regardless of whether or not a door into retail patterns closes for me. 
Freely He gave me, and freely I will give...all to His glory.

We're broke, friends. At least in financial terms.
But we are rich in Christ!
I pray that you are too.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar