This week I received the first batch of three for my attempt to make a full tabletop from cork tiles. The idea is to have pretty much a fully interchangeable surface that will do for most Mediterranean to semi-arid areas:
From the photos on the website of the company who makes them, Siesta Cork Tiles, I had thought these came in three elevations, but when I saw them, they really work in two - a sort of patchy level and some depressions. So I tested a couple by filling in some of the lower areas with textured paint and flocked them. I know the flock won't look perfect and will come off in bits as it usually does, but it's a cheap and quick way to see if can get the look I want. The photo above shows a newly revamped unit of hoplites standing on the end result. I'm reasonably happy with it so far - I'm after a sort of patchy, scrubby plains effect. The thing is, these tiles will see a lot of use and abuse, so using more expensive terrain elements seems a bit excessive, which rules out silflor-type grass clumps. I was originally intending to use astroturf, but it's a bit too tall and would simply end up coming off altogether. So will flock, but that's easily replaced.
0 Yorumlar