Today I'm posting a few more photos of Notre-Dame de Paris before the 2019 fire.
Tomorrow, we'll see if I can post anything at all. See my explanation below.
Maybe you are aware that Google and Blogger have introduced a new interface for blog authors to use to produce formatted posts as HTML code. What you might not know is that the new interface, along with the HTML code it produces, is a complete mess. It just doesn't work.
I've spent nearly an hour this morning trying to get just these photos uploaded and put into a satisfactory format. Also, you probably don't know that I have spent the past 15 years working with and tweaking Blogger-produced HTML code to size images, format paragraphs, and make everything fit together. The tweaking had become almost second nature to me, and I was usually pretty happy with the result (well, except for all my typos...).
Until yesterday, we bloggers could still fall back on the old interface to produce our posts. While it was not perfect, was at least reliable and stable. I've continued experimenting with the new interface and found it really frustrating. It's hard to think about what you're writing when you have to spend so much time fixing the HTML code. Now Blogger has taken away that old interface. The new interface is absolutely not ready for prime time. It produces unpredictable code and results that are nearly impossible to clean up.
I'm starting to wonder if it is worth it to try to continue blogging using this Google/Blogger service. I'm not at all sure what to do next. I remember companies in Silicon Valley that went belly-up when they introduced new versions of software that were not reliable or did not give predictable results. Blogger may well be going down that path right now. I hope somebody from Google is reading this and will take it seriously.
I'm starting to wonder if it is worth it to try to continue blogging using this Google/Blogger service. I'm not at all sure what to do next. I remember companies in Silicon Valley that went belly-up when they introduced new versions of software that were not reliable or did not give predictable results. Blogger may well be going down that path right now. I hope somebody from Google is reading this and will take it seriously.





0 Yorumlar