We started Friday morning with our usual walk. We passed these little flowers growing in a clump and they were so perfect, they looked artificial.
Friday, after our morning walk, Charly took our Honda CRV here to Big O Tires, to get new tires.
We have known for several months that the tread on the tires was getting worn, but since we are planning a little "mental health" road trip/summer getaway soon, we decided this was the perfect time to get new tires and have the CRV aligned which, was just what we did.
I ordered a blog book for another year of blog posts and it came in the mail Saturday morning. I only have to make a book of one more year and I will be caught up to 2020.
Saturday morning, we did a little shopping. I have been wanting to get a rug for our office for a while. We decided to check at several different stores to see what we could find, and the first place we went, Big Lots, had this rug.
It was the size we wanted, it had colors and a design we liked and it was $30 off! Perfect! The desk on the right in this picture, is the place where I do most of my blog posts. In a couple of weeks, I plan to get a new wheeled office chair that is easier on my back than the folding chair I currently have.
Later, Josh and I went for an evening walk. It was a warm, sunny and lovely evening. I enjoy walking with Josh, when he asks me to go, which is maybe one or two evenings a week.
Sunday morning, Charly and I took our walk early before the day got too hot. We had church at home listening to a wonderful message and inspiring music on my laptop as we sat on the couch. This has become our usual Sunday ritual. The inspired message we listened to was about kindness and not judging others - so relevant to the often toxic atmosphere so prevalent in our society today.
After home church, scripture study and lunch, I did some indexing. I indexed the records of some German families today. Some of the handwriting on the images of the original records from 1935 was a little hard to read, so I hope I did them correctly. When I told Josh about indexing these records from Germany, he pointed out that the families in the records would have been living through the rise of Adolf Hitler and his Third Reich. That would have been a horrible time and place to live.
As you can see from the graph at the bottom of the picture above, I have already reached and surpassed my indexing goal for July. The black line shows my goal and the green line above it shows my actual indexing record count.
Sunday dinner was ham steak, au gratin potatoes, quinoa with wild rice and broccoli. We all agreed it was very good.
Later, after dinner, Josh and I drove several miles to the southwest of our home to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and took a one mile walk there on the grounds. Charly stayed home as he had a show he wanted to watch.
I plan to do some reading before bed tonight, as soon as I finish this post. I've done quite a bit of reading in two non-fiction books this weekend and I am looking forward to finishing them up and starting a good juicy novel.
Coming up this week...
- The dishwasher repair tech should be coming back to replace the motor in our dishwasher. Not sure what day that will happen.
- I have an appointment for a haircut on Tuesday. Wish me luck.
- Josh will finish up this semester's class this week, and will begin a six-week summer break from school. He found out that his FAFSA grant has been approved and so he will be registering for next semester's classes that will begin in September.
- Josh has a physical therapy appointment on Wednesday. He hurt his knee a while back and the doctor recommended physical therapy.










0 Yorumlar