Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks #48: Movies Set in a High School, Secondary School or the Equivalent

 I couldn't do Thursday Movie Picks last week because I was busy trying to conquer and defeat ancient armies in battle on Age of Empires.

Anyway, this week it's Movies set in High School, Secondary School or the equivalent - http://wanderingthroughtheshelves.blogspot.co.uk/


This Scottish coming of age story is regarded as a classic in these parts of the world. Championed by Britain's most trusted film critic, Mark Kermode, it's about a rather awkward and strange boy named Gregory who becomes smitten with the new girl in the football/soccer team. Gregory's Girl is a funny and engaging coming of age comedy-drama


The Wave is an interesting German film that looks at modern Germany's relationship with their past and how easy fascism and a dictatorship can rise despite the students' belief that such a thing cannot happen in modern Germany.


A few months ago there was a Teen Comedy week and Mean Girls popped up quite a lot so I actually got round to seeing it and I loved it. Mean Girls is endlessly quotable and so fetch. After that I went on a small Lindsay Lohan marathon (Mean Girls, Parent Trap and Freaky Friday) and found out she was quite talented...what a waste.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar