Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Classics Club: Spin #11


The Classics Club Spin has been a huge success and now it's time for round 11!  I have not participated in any spins so far this year...the six novels in Trollope's Barsetshire Chronicles  have kept me fully occupied. Previous spins have dealt me An American Tragedy, The Bell Jar, Middlemarch, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, The Picture of Dorian Gray, They Were Sisters, and Cheerful Weather for a Wedding. Now I'm ready to spin again!

The rules are the same, only the dates have been changed.

Here's how it works:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday. (12/7)
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by February 1, 2016.

In the past I've come up with fun categories and themes, but this time it's purely alphabetical. The odds are stacked for more Trollope, but I'd be happy with just about anything on the list.

1. Austen, Jane - Emma
2.  Bronte, Anne - Agnes Grey
3.  Bronte, Charlotte - Villette
4.  Cather, Willa - A Lost Lady
5.  DuMaurier, Daphne - My Cousin Rachel
6.  Gaskell, Elizabeth - Cranford
7.  Gissing, George - The Odd Women
8.  Hemingway, Ernest - The Sun Also Rises
9.  Ishiguro, Kazuo - The Remains of the Day
10. James, Henry - What Maisie Knew
11. Mitford, Nancy - The Pursuit of Love
12. Oates, Joyce Carol - Them
13. Steinbeck, John - The Winter of Our Discontent 
14. Thirkell, Angela  - Wild Strawberries
15. Trollope, Anthony - Rachel Ray
16. Trollope, Anthony - Can You Forgive Her?  (Pallisers #1)
17. Trollope, Anthony - Miss Mackenzie
18. Welty, Eudora - Delta Wedding
19. Wharton, Edith - The Bunner Sisters
20. Whipple, Dorothy - The Priory

Let's spin!


12/7 UPDATE:
The spin number is 19.
I'll be reading Bunner Sisters  by Edith Wharton, which I just realized is a novella!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar