Thank you for your kind comments about our "Big Boy" passing away. We sure have missed him.
I've got lots of blog reading to catch up, but I wanted to respond to some questions asked about Big Boy. Remember the baby chicks hatched on Thanksgiving Day last year? Well, look at this...
Big Boy's son. There were three roosters in the bunch. We've just recently found a home for the two others. They had begun to fight. I'm so glad we kept this one. He looks a lot like his big old daddy, doesn't he? He started crowing lately and sure is proud. Hope he has the personality his daddy had.
Someone asked how long Big Boy had been with us. Probably about ten years. Neither of us can remember exactly when he showed up here. You may remember how Poppy and I got up early one morning and found Big Boy in the goat's lot. Someone slipped in after dark and threw him over the fence.
Anyhow, moving on...
We've got peaches! Remember last year how I ranted and raved and swore that one way or another, we were going to have fruit trees, that actually bear fruit.
I read and read about what fruit trees need. I made myself a monthly chart, and bought all the different sprays needed. Well I got slack, as usual, and our pretty peaches have sticky stuff on the ends and some bugs holes.
Poppy said, Mel, I could have told you, you needed to spray as soon as the flowers open the tree. Growing up, Poppy and his two brothers picked peaches to earn money. That was down in the Sandhills of North Carolina, still well known for growing peaches.
little patch of purple coneflower. But, where's the purple?
It was raining that day and all the guineas were lined up on the fence to dry off. By the time I got back with the camera, they were flying down.
Guess I had better go. It's bedtime again! I am totally beat!! Been mowing all day!!
Thanks again!
Love,
Henny
0 Yorumlar