Greetings dear friends & readers
As of midnight last Wednesday New Zealand went into Level 4 Lockdown due to the Covid 19 virus.
For us here this means everything is closed to the public except supermarkets, chemists, medical centres &
petrol stations.
Our Prime Minister has said "we all have to stay in our bubbles in order to flatten the curve of this pandemic"
Personally I am more than happy in my bubble, but I know there are others that will really struggle with it &
my heart goes out to them 💗
I have a new (step) granddaughter due in 2 weeks time whom we will not be able to visit until this is all over.
Over the past couple of weeks I have been doing some sewing for her just using up bits from my stash -
I thought I would have no feminine fabrics but I was able to rustle up some pretty colourways.
I made 3 bibs using this free pattern from the internet - I have made these for my other grandsons & their Mum's
tell me - "these are the best bibs ever" !!
I always buy white or cream towels when I see them on sale & use the toweling for the back of the bibs.
I had an end left over from a white towel so I made two burp cloths & bound them with pink bias binding.
I knitted two pink organic cotton washcloths using this free pattern
I made a flannel wheatbag & the bunny rattle is made from a vintage wool blanket - I tucked a rattle into
the bunnies tummy before stuffing with fibrefill.
I found a length of fleece large enough to sew two cuddlies.
The little cloth doll is called Maisie & is a pattern by Kate Henderson of never enough hours blog
I packaged everything up in pink tissue paper & The Mr was able to deliver it over to the city before the lockdown came into force.
Once we were in lockdown I decided to spend some time giving my sewing room a good clean, tidy & sort.
This was looooong overdue dear readers. 😉
It was lovely to give it all a good freshen & a fluff up & when I was finished I thought I would sew a new
Whenever I do this I just take the old cover off, cut the elastic & pull it out of its casing, open the fabric out fully & lay it on the new fabric on the floor - cut around the shape, make a casing, new elastic & voila . . . . .
This fabric is Cath Kidston & was purchased a couple of years ago when Mystyle first closed its Cambridge shop.
I originally planned to cover a chair with it but used something else instead.
Last month my friend Gail turned 70 & had a small party.
Although she said "no gifts" I wanted to give her something but was not quite sure what as Gail has everything
you could ever want 😉
I had this vintage cane dolls pram in my sleepout so I lined it with a black rubbish bag & planted it up with petunias for her. On my way to her party I stopped at the Variety store & purchased a helium filled balloon that said
"Happy Birthday" & tied this to the handle.
Gail said it has continued to flower away beautifully & she was thrilled with her gift.
Like alot of you I am sure, every now & again I feel this tight knot of anxiety about this horrid pandemic in our world -
I worry for my children & grandchildren & what the future holds .....
When I feel this happening I try to distract myself with some home remedies
I play with Pippi alot - she is a great entertainer & very much lives in the moment
Blackie has been bringing in on average one mouse a day (!!) lately so he prefers to maintain a social distance
as Mum is none-too-happy with him 😐
I burn lavender oil in my diffusers as I find this helps to calm me
I knit dishcloths & I stockpile dishcloth cotton yarn in lovely colours 😉😇
I try to cook good nutritious meals & I spend some time outdoors each day if the weather allows.
I find if I keep my hands busy then my mind stays on track so I try to keep creative & do things that bring me pleasure.
I am thinking of you all at this trying time dear friends
Take care of yourselves & each other & stay in your bubbles,
With much love & friendship to you all ! 💕
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x












0 Yorumlar