Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Spending the Day in the Kitchen

Country Blue


I was very brave today. While Amy (15) was out,  I went into her room and gathered up her dishes. I believe they had been there since yesterday (if not longer - horrors!). I soaked them in steaming hot water and dish liquid. They were soon sparkling clean. Then I washed more dishes and scrubbed counters and had a lovely time.

I have the leisure of tending to my home duties and being with my family. I am truly blessed.

Later, I turned on some old-time gospel music and sat on a stool near the counter with some hot chocolate. I was close to the stove and the sink - the places I spend most of my time. I looked out at the living room and saw our wood stove and the pretty, snowy view out the front windows. It is a pleasant place to be.

I thought I would share my happiness with my boys. I prepared an orange for each one. I peeled and separated the pieces and placed them on decorative tea plates. Then I went into each boy's room and brought their treats.

I was ready to start supper. I made two pans of meatloaf. Those would take an hour and a half to bake. So I tidied some more, then I sat back on my stool. I enjoyed sipping hot chocolate and listening to the pleasant music.

Then I remembered Mr. White. Well, he would certainly like a nice orange too, right? So I prepared one and brought it to him. He gave me a startled look, and said he felt special. I realized each one of them thought they were the only one who got an orange. (smiles)

Soon it was time to peel potatoes, make stuffing and get the corn ready. I smiled and enjoyed my kitchen work. I adored being home and having all the time in the world. I loved being in my kitchen and taking breaks to do laundry. I wish I had something to iron. I will have to do that this week.

The nicest thing in the world is to clean a kitchen that is not messy. If one putters around all day long, making things nice and cleaning as one goes along, it makes things very cozy. (No one enjoys cleaning a messy kitchen or a messy house.) It also makes things very easy to prepare little treats for the family to surprise them.

I want to be remembered for my kitchen work. I want to be The Mother who was always in the kitchen, smiling and making delicious food to comfort the family and brighten the home.

May it be so.

Blessings
Mrs. White 

Cooking Inspiration - The Menu Collection- A Restaurant at Home

Passing on the Faith- through the Generations in Mama's Songs

Memories of Homeschooling  - How My Children Learned Social Skills


Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar