Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Serenity Now


Today I am escaping to the studio. It is an escape from reality. Below is my reality. Below is what happened when our football team didn't have a Sunday game and I casually mentioned that I would really like to have the horizontal planking finished on the walls soon because it is grossing me out to cook in this space. Instead said husband tore out the ceiling, including a big hole not visible in this picture, where the plaster and lathe has been exposed and where the old house rained it's nastiness all over said kitchen, including somehow, inside the refrigerator. Yay progress!


My loving husband informed me that you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Well of course you do. But only the guy that never cleans up after himself would break them by throwing them against the wall. Yay progress!


So today I could take it no longer and escaped to my happy place where I gazed longingly at piles of fabrics and flipped through stacks of books trying to decide what to make. Few things in this life make me happier than a stack of good books.


It was a perfect crisp, dreary day. The kind best suited to creative pursuits and kitty sidekicks, cozy sweaters, Gilmore Girls playing in the background and lunch eaten in the studio (because clearly I'm not eating in the kitchen).  I managed to finally finish my vacation journal and for a short while I forgot that my kitchen looks like it was struck by a natural disaster. That really is progress.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar