Courtesy of Marie~
I know I have shared other almond cake recipes and will continue to do so..As these are amongst our very favorites here.
Every little slice is heaven~
You can find Marie's recipe here at her wonderful blog..
And here..
Directly from her site~
La Recette~
*Autumn Berry & Almond Cake*
Makes one 9 inch cake
Printable Recipe
A real family favourite. You can use any berries you have in any combination you like, alone or a mixture. I love to use raspberries and blackberries.
140g ground almonds (1 2/3 cups)
140g butter (2/3 cup)
140g caster sugar (3/4 cup)
140g self raising flour (1 1/4 cups)
2 large free range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g of berries, fresh or frozen and defrosted (about 2 1/2 cups)
2 TBS flaked almonds
Sifted icing sugar
Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4. Butter a 9 inch deep. loose bottomed cake tin and line the bottom with paper.
Cream together the butter, ground almonds, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl until evenly mixed together. Spread half of the mixture into the prepared tin. Top with the berries. Dollop the remaining half of the batter over top and roughly spread it out as best as you can. (I wet my fingers and use them. This seems to work best) Sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
Bake for 50 minutes, until golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin. Dust with icing sugar and cut into wedges to serve.
Believe me..all her recipes are proven winners here.
I appreciate what she shares on her sites~
And now..I'll lock up her secret again~:)
Enjoy~
This coming weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend~
I am so grateful for my beautiful family..I watch Parenthood..and cry:) Of joy ..and happiness..
and think..
Thank you God..for giving me ..such a loving family of my own..
I wish all my Canadian Friends..a wonderful.. beautiful..colorful Canadian Thanksgiving~
My dishes are on hold..~
But my sentiments are not.
Let us be grateful for the charming gardeners of our souls..
Family and friends alike.
That includes..
... most certainly..all the cherished "bloggers" , I have "met" in the last few years~Either in cyberspace..or in person.
Never question your importance in the "blogosphere":)~Thank YOU so much.
The leaves are falling..the petals too..
No Tutus here..:)Except..in dress-up times..until you are 3:)
But artistic creative beautiful .... Fall hands at work~
Let Us Be Grateful~




0 Yorumlar