Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lighting up the Farmhouse

While I was at my DAR meeting on Monday, Dayle hung up our icicle lights on the front of the house.  I enjoy the lights on these dark evenings!


I went out in the frosty air last night to take a few photos of the lights.


When people drive by they can see our tree all lit up through the windows.


We found these amazing lights a few years ago, they even twinkle.



It's kind of fun to see it with our red and white trimmed old farmhouse.



We're making headways on decorating the living room, we have the angel on the tree and Santa's sleigh and 4 reindeer on the mantel along with two tiny decorated trees.  We need to find the stockings to hang on the mantle!



A closer photo of my beloved Jim Shore Santa and sleigh and reindeer.


I thought I'd share a few of my ornaments in each post over the next few weeks.  I love this patriotic one.



This is one of the crocheted ornaments I did using the inspiration and pattern devised by Lucy at Attic24 blog - the pattern is on the sidebar of her blog under "Bauble Decoration".


I have a small collection of vintage cherub angel ornaments from Italy.  :-)


I crocheted this one, too.. but can't find the pattern on Lucy's site, although I was sure she posted it.



This darling hand carved old wooden spool was a surprise gift from Dayle some years ago.  



I thought I'd show you the fun place we had our December meeting of the Portland Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.  It was held in an old school room from McMenamins Kennedy School on 33rd Avenue in north Portland, Oregon.  A wonderful old schoolhouse from 1915.  This is our past member giving a program about Edgefield Manor which is another of their properties.


I am the official group photo organizer.  I announce it's photo time and then try to get everyone lined up and ready and find some poor soul to take the photo for us.  LOL!  Here we are!



Today is gift wrapping day, a bit more decorating and tidying up.  How are you coming along?

*********************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*******************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar