Happy Halloween!
I've been reading all these Halloween blogs for weeks now.
People decorate their homes and yards and go all out with costumes and baking tasty treats. I am so envious.
I've said it before... I don't like Halloween. I never have. Does that make me a bad person? It's not any religious thing or anything like that and I really don't know why I don't like it, I just don't. When, as an adult, I mentioned to my mom that I really didn't like Halloween she was like "What do you mean you don't like Halloween?" My mom used to make us the most amazing costumes and we almost always won a prize at the Halloween parade. I can just imagine her thoughts "I sewed my tush off on those costumes and she didn't even LIKE Halloween?"
When my kids were little I made their costumes (like my role model... Mom!), I decorated the house, we made a scarecrow from the leaves raked in our yard, carved pumpkins and toasted the seeds, made cool Halloween treats for them to take to school and took them trick or treating (usually with a snowsuit on under their costume because it is so danged cold here the end of October). Once they entered Junior High, trick or treating was done... I bribed them... I bought them a bag of their favorite candy and didn't put any restrictions on when they could eat. You want a peanut butter cup for breakfast? Go for it!
Now I have grandchildren and I love seeing them all dressed up in their costumes, I put up a few decorations (but they aren't exactly Halloween, they are really "fall" decorations), I do a little baking and I buy candy to hand out to our trick or treaters. But I really don't like Halloween... so now that it is almost over, I'm going to move on to my favorite holiday... Thanksgiving.
0 Yorumlar