This past week I had ordered a new pair of Xero shoes from Zappos, but when they came they were too tight around my foot, so I sent them back. UPS picked them up the next day and I received an email letting me know my refund was issued the very next day. That is why I love to use Zappos as their service is wonderful.
Ever since I had cellulitis in my left leg, that foot will swell during the day, so I ordered a compression ankle sock to see if that would help. The shipping was $10.99, so I looked around for a promo code and finally found one for free shipping that worked. It took me three or four tries using various codes, but by doing that I was able to save $10.99 on the shipping
Bailey had oral surgery with anesthesia on Monday. We bought plenty of soft foods for her to eat for a few days afterwards such as yogurt, applesauce, pudding, and potatoes for mashing. The first day I made her a broccoli cheese soup and used my stick blender to make it smooth. I did the same thing with the potato soup later in the week.
Mom remains in rehab for now, although she wants to come home, but needs the therapy for her broken arm. So we wait and see what improvements will come for her. I call her everyday, multiple times per day, because she is lonely and scared. My heart breaks for her, but I know she needs to be there for now.
The rehab facility has asked me to bring Mom some clothes to wear. The problem is that Mom lost weight during the pandemic and her clothes no longer fit. The ones she has with her are falling off as she is down to 116 pounds. I’m not even sure what her new size would be and I’ve been looking online for pants that will fit her, looking for petite length and tapered leg because her legs are so tiny.
I decided to go looking in her bedroom for items that would work and I did find several things such as Capri length pajama pants. They have an elastic waist and should work even if they are big in the legs. I also took two pair of pants she got for Christmas and hemmed those. Doing this saved money over buying new especially since I don’t know her size right now.
Walmart issued me a refund of $192 after I sent back an appliance that wouldn’t work.
Earning Money
I sold an item on eBay this week and earned $16.50 on the item.
Avoiding Spending
I stayed out of the stores as usual and didn’t buy any groceries online. We are using what we have here to make meals. There is plenty in our pantry, so it’s just getting in there and taking the effort to prep food.
Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen
This week I took the produce drawers out of the refrigerator and gave them a good scrubbing. I also washed out the refrigerator inside and out.
I did all the usual things like using up the leftovers, freezing bread rather than letting it go to waste, etc.
Meals This Week ~ Lots of soup on the menu this week for Bailey.
Sunday: Beefy Baked Beans, Vegetable Stir Fry, Radishes, and Beets
Monday & Tuesday: Homemade Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Wednesday & Thursday: Homemade Potato Soup
Thursday: Chicken, Purple Sweet Potatoes, Kale with Fig Balsamic Vinegar
That is all the news to report on our frugal week in Tennessee. Thank you for dropping by, you are always welcome here. We would love to hear about your week in the comment section.
0 Yorumlar