Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?
This week I'm featuring an intro from a book that was released in February of 2013.
W.W. Norton & Co
"If Claire had to look back and decide why she had the affair in the first place, she would point to the missing boy. This was in mid-June, during those first humid days when the air in Virginia hangs thick. School was coming to an end, and from her kitchen window Claire could see the bus stop at the corner and the neighborhood children, sweaty in skirts and blouses, khaki trousers and damp cotton shirts, pile out of it like a lazy litter of puppies. Their school bags dragged along the sidewalk; their catcher's mitts drooped. Jump ropes trailed behind a small group of girls, as if even they were too hot."
Now my big question to you, "Would you keep reading, or pass on this one?" (I haven't started this one, but Ann Hood is an author that I have enjoyed in the past.)
Feel free to grab the image and link your post below.

0 Yorumlar