I especially enjoyed the bookseller's plot summary: "A Cape Cod man comes back home to live off his brother after his bank job evaporates. Sister-in-law isn't happy, but Carey Judson perseveres and eventually turns to his love of carving wild birds." Anyone after hot homoerotic action is probably going to be disappointed by that.
It also sent me, in an idle moment, looking for other books which have suffered in the same way. This was only ever going to be a cheap laugh, but sometime you can't afford anything better.
That last book was doing so well until it decided to add a subtitle. Another book that still seems relatively innocent is this one...
..until you open it and see that the subtitle is 'A Boy's Queer Search'.
I've just started contributing to the Hyde Park Review of Books, which is relaunching imminently. I'm going to use the fact that I've just written a longer piece for them as an excuse for the lack of any depth or insight in this post. When my first article goes up over there, I'll link to it here, and include some DVD-style extra material on this blog. In the meantime, here's a classy re-envisioning of a science-fiction classic.






0 Yorumlar