Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ooops: Five Frugal Fings

I forgot yesterday.  Eeek!

1.  I used some left over plum juice to make a delicious jelly.  I've discovered that one and a half sheets of leaf gelatin is fine for 200 mls liquid and will be trying just one sheet next time.  I always pour it into a glass dish anyway so it doesn'#t have to be firm, just - well - jellied!

2.  I'm still remembering to run the dishwasher overnight on the cheaper rate.  I forgot once but that's all.  It won't be saving much each time but times that by maybe around 300 plus washes over the year and it will mount up.

3.  This is really advanced frugality but I've started getting the garden sorted for this year's vegetables and fruit.  Thanks to both Sues for inspiring me.

4.  I went into town today and came back with a skirt pattern.  Paper patterns are flippin' expensive nowadays but this was half price and is one I will use again and again, very simple but nicely shaped and in five different sizes.  I have fabric in the cupboard too!  Over time this will save me money.

5.  I used a bit of leftover savoury crumble mix (flour, cheese and not-butter plus seasonings) with half a slice of fresh breadcrumbs to make a crumb coating for fish and it was lovely.  I'd have thrown away the crumble topping otherwise because it wasn't even enough for one titchy portion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar