Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Don't Overlook Bruce's Role In 'The Woods' As A Cameo

There was no Bruce news today so I thought I would talk about The Woods. I finally sat down to watch the movie this evening, mostly because Bruce was in it, and so I wasn't expecting much as far as Bruce's role in the film. Although I won't go into too much detail about the film, Bruce plays the father of the lead character who attends a creepy all girls school that is located in the middle of the woods. Those who haven't seen the movie think that Bruce has a minor or cameo role in the film. I must admit, I ignorantly thought this as well before I watch the movie. The Woods was a descent film, no where close to The Evil Dead movies, but Bruce actually had a big role in the film and sheds out his often underused emotional side to his craft of acting. The only problem is that the main chunk of the film with Bruce is in the last quarter of the movie, but you won't be disappointed when you see it. Without giving a way too much, there is a moment where Bruce get's an axe and goes all Evil Dead-esque, it was awsome. For a moment, Bruce's performance of going all Evil Dead-esque and such made me think he was Ash in Evil Dead IV. I'm not saying that The Woods is a great movie, but Bruce's performance in the last chunk of the film was nice to see again and reassures me that when Sam does give Bruce the call to strap up on the chainsaw and grab the shotgun one last time, Bruce will be ready. The movie is at least worth the rental for Bruce fans.

Note: One other post for today on Kevin Sorbo. I don't usually post much Sorbo stuff on here but I feel that if I post some Lawless stuff then I am obligated to post Sorbo stuff. I'll see how the response is.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar