Good morning everyone!
Today I'm going to write about purple shampoo. Purple what now? As you may know I always dye my hair with light brown and blonde shades of hair dye, dyes that tend to bring out red hues already present in the hair if not careful with picking the shade.
On a color wheel, yellow, red and orange or right next to each other, with blue, green and purple on the opposite side. This means that the red hues have a lower percentage of blue hues (and this almost makes me wonder how computer screens can bring out different colors without the actual color particals being in the picture...probably not a very intelligent thought, but still :)).
So if your hair looks brassy (with any copper shades), you might want to try a shampoo that's tinted purple.
I bought the Schwarzkopf Silver Reflex shampoo the other day, which is a very dark purple. It says it's meant for silver, grey and light blonde hair but does not prohibit the use on brown hair explicitely. It says to leave it in up to ten minutes if necessary.
I tried in on my dyed brown hair with red hue in it, only left it in for a minute and rinsed well, I didn't want to take a risk. I didn't see much result after blow dring. If I hadn't known I was washing with a purple shampoo I would have sworn I had washed with my hair with a regular shampoo.
Maybe it will work better when leaving it in for 10 minutes, the max, and using it different times.
But after all, this is only a shampoo.
I'm still waiting for a green shampoo! Look at the color wheel!
At least now you know it exists and it can't harm, it's not drying either. My hair looked pretty good after a little bit JF conditioner on top after shampooing, and some L'Oreal Extraordinary oil before blowdrying (which I still adore, apparently).
Tip: I bought the shade 910 from L'Oreal Casting Cream Gloss today ("Very Light Ash blonde"). The color chart only goes from very light blonde to medium blond, but underneath it is says something I haven't read on a dye box before: for darker hair it is often difficult to get proper lightening effects without getting a brassy effect. This hair dye shade is designed to avoid that brassy effect, even for light chestnut brown hair.
This could be my holy grail for lightening my brown hair without getting redness! I can't wait to try it out! Will let you know how it turned out!
Have a happy day!
H.
0 Yorumlar